Pro wrestler Joey Ryan found himself working a day job at Disneyland’s Jungle Cruise ride after struggling to find work in the wrestling industry.
At least he did for three months in a probationary status, until Disneyland declined to hire him as a full-time employee. The LA Times reported on Wednesday (June 29) that Ryan (real name Joseph Meehan) was no longer employed by Disneyland.
Per LA Times:
“Mr. Meehan is no longer employed by us,” a Disneyland spokesperson said, declining to elaborate on why he was not given a permanent job and whether the harassment allegations played a role in that decision.
This news comes just days after a photo of him working on the ride went viral on social media.
In the summer of 2020, as part of the ‘SpeakingOut’ movement, Ryan was accused of sexual assault and harassment by numerous women. He was fired from his contract with IMPACT Wrestling and he hasn’t wrestled since the early summer of 2020.
Joey Ryan who in June 2020, was accused by several women of sexual misconduct during the #SpeakingOut movement, causing him to be released from Impact Wrestling is now working as a cast member on the Jungle Cruise ride at @Disneyland.
Have a magical day! pic.twitter.com/vanER5lius
— TheRingsideRoster.com (@RingsideRoster) June 26, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?