Rey Mysterio has revealed that, since John Cena returned to WWE, he has helped to mentor Dominik Mysterio at house shows.
John Cena has been teaming with Dominik and Rey Mysterio for recent house shows and dark matches against Roman Reigns and the Usos. Speaking with Steven Muehlhausen of DAZN, Rey Mysterio revealed that John Cena has been coaching Dominik.
Noting that he personally asked the 16-time World Champion to help Dominik improve during the recent shows, Mysterio said:
“To hear Cena coaching him in the corner, and he just stayed quiet. What he learned from Cena is completely different than what he’s going to learn from me. So I asked Cena to coach my son as much as he can. He’s all yours. Dominik learned a lot this past weekend, and it’s only gonna get better.”
Mysterio went on to explain that Cena’s presence has provided a boost in morale and motivation backstage.
During the July 30 episode of SmackDown, it was officially announced that Cena will face Roman Reigns at SummerSlam. After the show went off the air, Cena once again teamed with the Mysterios to wrestle Reigns and the Usos.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away
- VIDEO: First Look At Samoa Joe In Twisted Metal
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown