John Cena has discussed the possibility of a full-time WWE return, noting that he misses wrestling everyday.
The 16-time World Champion The 16-time World Champion last wrestled at SummerSlam 2021, unsuccessfully challenging for Roman Reigns’ Universal Title. Cena has been building his name in Hollywood, recently starring in the acclaimed DC Peacemaker series as the titular character.
Speaking with GQ.com, Cena pointed out that he had been fortunate to not suffer any injuries that seriously impacted his health during his wrestling career.
Believing that becoming a regular performer again wouldn’t be in anyone’s best interest, Cena said:
“I miss it every day. Every single day. But I’ll be 45 on April 23rd, and I was very fortunate to make it as long as I did with only a minor list of injuries. Nothing that has changed the trajectory of my long term health. I’m strong, flexible, and in really good shape externally, internally. I think now, being a full-time touring performer might start to hit that point of diminishing returns, and I have to be realistic when I look at that.”
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is set to join the DC Extended Universe soon, with Black Adam set for an October release.
Cena has revealed that he’d be open to The Rock making a cameo in Peacemaker season two, which you can read more about right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?