John Cena has recently opened up about his commitment to Make-A-Wish, explaining the origins of his relationship with the charity.
Since 2004, John Cena has granted over 650 wishes for the Make-A-Wish foundation. The 16-time World Champion holds the record as the individual with the most wishes granted for the charity.
Speaking with Jeff Conway of Forbes, Cena recalled the moment he first heard about Make-A-Wish. Immediately wanting to be involved with such a great cause, Cena said:
“Make-A-Wish has a great relationship with the WWE. One day in an arena, I was grabbed by the hand and sent in to meet a family, of which that happens a lot in the WWE. There’s a lot of meet-and-greets backstage and pre-show stuff. After the meet-and-greet, I asked who it was and the representative said Make-A-Wish and I didn’t know what Make-A-Wish was. Then they explained to me the charity and the relationship. I said I want to be as involved in this as I can, and the rest is history.”
On the July 30 episode of SmackDown, it was officially announced that Cena will challenge Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship at SummerSlam.
Quote via Fightful.
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Breaks Character To Cosplay As Danhausen On Jericho Cruise
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”
- PHOTOS: WWE Star Gets Stitches After Accidental Face Injury