16-time World Champion John Cena has spoken about a recent “catastrophic failure” of a project he had worked with WWE on.
Before his big return match at SummerSlam against Roman Reigns, WWE released some special Cena-inspired NFTs.
There were 500 ‘gold packages’ available for $1000 each, which included an NFT and a limited edition merch box curated by John Cena himself.
Out of those 500 packages, only 37 were sold.
Speaking at Florida SuperCon, Cena called this a “catastrophic failure”, adding:
“I talk a lot about failure. This idea failed.
“Why was it $1000? Because me and the folks at WWE thought it was a fair price point. We were wrong. We were absolutely wrong.
“It’s okay to swing big. It’s okay to be wrong and okay to take chances, but when you are wrong and do fail and you have a moment where you can learn. Learn, course correct, move forward, grow.”
Cena has been off WWE TV since his SummerSlam loss to Roman Reigns, but did work a house show match at Madison Square Garden this past Friday, which is expected to be his last for a while.
It’s unknown when he’ll be back, but he’s said recently that he’s hoping for a return for WrestleMania next year.
Quotes via F4WOnline
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?