John Cena has discussed the level of creative control he has for his WWE segments, addressing rumors that he is allowed to do what he wants.
Some fans have argued that Cena’s position on a WWE card is influenced by his relationship with Chairman Vince McMahon.
Speaking on ID1OT with Chris Hardwick, Cena has stated that his success is a result of his consistent hard work. Noting that he asks, invests and pays attention to detail, Cena said:
“I heard it so much in WWE, ‘Well, Vince lets him do whatever he wants. That’s why he can consistently perform at a level that is acceptable and entertaining to the audience. He gets to do whatever he wants.’ Nope. I ask, I execute, I invest, and I’m meticulous with the detail, I’m consistent night in and night out, trustworthy, giving of self. The perception everyone else has is, ‘he has a better situation.’
“I’m not taking away from anyone’s struggle and I have learned to appreciate everyone’s struggle and everyone has a different struggle. I can understand where those feelings come from. You can have those feelings when you’re done analyzing yourself and saying, ‘Am I at max capacity? If I really want to wear those shoes and put on those jorts, am I at max capacity or did I party too much or did I want to see my family?'”
Cena is set to challenge Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship at SummerSlam on August 21. The 16-time World Champion has revealed that when he was planning his return, Cena asked WWE to give him more dates than he was initially offered.
Cena has also revealed that he loves to watch the current product to learn from younger WWE talent. According to Sami Zayn, the former WWE Champion was “raving” about Zayn’s house show match with Finn Balor.
Quote via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- Big Update On Stone Cold Steve Austin WrestleMania 39 Plans?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- Wade Barrett Wants Top Free Agent To Sign With WWE
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star
- Cody Rhodes On Why Dusty Rhodes Wouldn’t Be In His Corner At WrestleMania
- Major Update On Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Status