A recent report has discussed rumors surrounding the WWE return of John Cena, hinting that a huge match could headline SummerSlam.
John Cena last wrestled at WrestleMania 36, losing to The Fiend. Not only could his next match take place at The Biggest Party of the Summer, it could main-event the August show.
Andrew Zarian, who was first to report that WWE was resuming live touring in July, strongly hinted that Cena will headline SummerSlam 2021.
It was previously reported that Cena will make an appearance on the July 16 episode of SmackDown. This special show will kick off WWE’s return to touring, featuring a live crowd.
Many have speculated that Cena will battle Roman Reigns at the August event. The Tribal Chief vs the 16-time World Champion would be an interesting match to headline the first SummerSlam back in front of live fans.
SummerSlam will reportedly air from Las Vegas. A number of sources have stated that WWE are planning for the event to take place on a Saturday.
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?
- Jimmy Uso Shares Support For Naomi And Sasha Banks
- Serena Deeb Shoots Hard On WWE In Heated AEW Dynamite Promo
- Stephanie McMahon To Take Leave Of Absence From WWE
- Several WWE Stars Support Nash Carter Following Controversial Release
- Shocking Statistic About Thunder Rosa AEW Women’s Championship Run
- Update On Johnny Elite’s AEW Status Following Dynamite Debut
- Road Dogg Believes There’s No Money In Wrestling
- Anthony Bowens Claims He Was Taken Off Dynamite In Cryptic Tweet