John Cena has taken to social media to pay tribute to Johnny Gargano, following what appeared to be the former NXT Champion’s final appearance for the brand.
Ahead of his WWE contract expiring on Friday, Gargano and Kyle O’Reilly – whose deal is also up this week – seemingly said their goodbyes to NXT following Tuesday’s show.
John Cena has now taken to Instagram with a photo of Gargano, wearing his NXT WarGames gear:
View this post on Instagram
Gargano’s WarGames gear paid homage to a number of pieces he has worn for previous NXT TakeOver events.
Johnny Wrestling notably shared a photo with Big Match John in 2018 during a WWE Madison Square Garden show. Gargano has previously recalled Cena praising him following one of his matches before he signed with WWE.
Big Match John & Big Match Johnny just hanging out at the World's Most Famous Arena.
Wrestling at Madison Square Garden has always been a childhood dream. Tonight that dream came true.
Thank you. pic.twitter.com/ekIhE5d0js
— Johnny Gargano (@JohnnyGargano) December 27, 2018
Both Gargano and O’Reilly have now addressed their seemingly final appearances for the brand.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Cody Rhodes Reveals Special WrestleMania 39 T-Shirt
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Top WWE Star Hopes To Work With AEW Star On Screen
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- AEW Star Says Chad Gable Is The ‘Most Underrated Wrestler In The World’
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts