An update has emerged on the status of 16-time World Champion John Cena for WrestleMania 39 in April.
Cena is scheduled to make his WWE return on next week’s (March 6) edition of Monday Night Raw.
While it has been speculated that WWE will announce a match for Cena at WrestleMania on this show, there had previously been some uncertainty surrounding Cena’s schedule, and his potential in-ring comeback.
WWE has now shared the official poster for WrestleMania 39. Numerous top WWE stars have been advertised for the event, including John Cena, confirming him for the April event.
Ahead of Cena’s WWE Raw return, Austin Theory has teased a confrontation with the Hollywood star, leading many to believe that Cena vs Theory will be added to the WrestleMania card.
Details on a nixed plan for a different John Cena match at the event were recently revealed.
WrestleMania 39 will take place across April 1-2, emanating from California’s SoFi Stadium.
The event will be headlined by a WWE Undisputed Universal Championship match, with Royal Rumble winner Cody Rhodes slated to challenge for Roman Reigns’ gold.
Cody Rhodes has named two stars he wants to face after WrestleMania 39, which you can read more about right here.
Get your popcorn ready 🍿#WrestleMania Goes Hollywood, April 1 & 2 at @SoFiStadium pic.twitter.com/9jMsDfeMdn
— WWE (@WWE) March 1, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Upcoming WWE & AEW Events To Air Head To Head?