Here’s how the announcement of John Cena’s return affected ticket sales for the June 27 edition of WWE Raw.
The 16-time World Champion will make a WWE appearance later this month, exactly 20 years after his official WWE debut in 20o2.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, ticket sales went up a fair amount following the Cena return announcement.
Acknowledging that a portion of the tickets shifted were purchased by scalpers, Dave Meltzer wrote:
“Cena is still the one proven major live ticket mover left. They announced on Raw on 6/6 that Cena would return on the 6/27 Raw in Laredo TX. Over the next six days, tickets for that show went from 3,726 to 5,080 and is now at 5,154. A lot of the purchases were by scalpers including an entire section, but they also moved a lot to the public in a short period of time.”
Cena last wrestled on WWE TV at SummerSlam 2022, unsuccessfully challenging for Roman Reigns’ Universal Title. The 16-time World Champ has teased a return to the ring to feud with US Champion Theory.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting