Tony Khan has announced that Johnny Elite will be facing a mystery opponent on tonight’s episode of AEW Dynamite.
Johnny Elite is of course the former John Morrison, who debuted for AEW two weeks ago in a loss to Samoa Joe, but picked up a win over Marq Quen on the May 28 episode of Dark.
After earning his first @AEW win last weekend #JohnnyElite returns to #AEWDynamite tonight aiming to work his way to the top! For AEW’s LA debut, hometown hero Johnny has signed an open contract to fight anyone in @AEW ! Who will he face on Dynamite on TBS @ 8pm ET/7pm CT tonight?
The phrasing “anyone in AEW” makes it sound like it’s someone signed to AEW, which I suppose could mean a new signing, but it doesn’t explicitly say a new signing so don’t be too surprised or disappointed if it isn’t.
Also set for tonight’s AEW Dynamite is CM Punk & FTR vs Max Caster and Austin & Colten Gunn, Jon Moxley vs Daniel Garcia, and an appearance from MJF.
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Refusing To Give ‘Championship’ Back