After 8 months away from wrestling following the expiration of his WWE contract, Johnny Wrestling finally reappeared on our television screens when he returned to Raw in Toronto last month.
With Gargano finally on the WWE main roster, he has the chance to take part in multiple dream matches on the roster against names like Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Gunther and others.
Gargano recently appeared on the Out of Character podcast, where he spoke about potential dream matches for him now he’s on the main roster, naming on in particular that he claims would be a ‘dream come true’.
“It’s one of the underrated ones that don’t get talked about enough is me and Rey Mysterio, it’s definitely a dream match for me. He is literally the trendsetter for guys like me, he has been amazingly great for many, many years, he is the GOAT for a reason, and I can’t wait to get in the ring with Rey. I used to make like little paper machete Rey Mysterio masks when he was a cruiserweight in WCW, so now to potentially get the chance to potentially get to be in the ring with him would be a dream come true.”
Gargano is set for his second match as part of the Raw roster next week, when he and Kevin Owens finally get the chance to form their ‘Panda Express’ tag team against the Alpha Academy.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39