Johnny Gargano has fuelled speculation that he’s on his way out of WWE, removing references to NXT from his social media bios.
Sometime over the last couple of days, The former NXT Champion has removed ‘NXT on USA Network’ from his Twitter and Instagram bio, which used to read:
“Pro Wrestler, Clevelander. – Be Yourself & Outwork. @WWENXT on @USA_Network”
The updated bio now reads:
“Pro Wrestler, Clevelander. – Be Yourself & Outwork.”
Yesterday evening, Gargano took to Twitter with a photo of his title collection, revealing he has now added Candice LeRae’s NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship. Gargano intriguingly captioned the tweet:
What's next? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/5AAAiwP2nL
— Johnny Gargano (@JohnnyGargano) October 5, 2021
While Gargano has established himself as one of the top names in NXT over the last five years, NXT has changed its focus to highlight ‘bigger and younger stars. Gargano’s WWE contract reportedly expires on December 3, less than two months away.
The former NXT Champion’s most recent match was against LA Knight on a August episode of NXT before the reboot. Since the rebranding, Gargano has featured in a number of segments featuring Indi Hartwell and Dexter Lumis.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw