It is common for WWE superstars to wear swanky new ring gear for big shows, especially WrestleManias, but Johnny Gargano takes this one step further. The former NXT North American Champion is a fantastic storyteller in the ring with his matches, but his Takeover gear often has an equally important role to play in portraying the story to the audience.
Johnny Gargano even donned an attire for his NXT Takeover: Brooklyn IV match with Tomasso Ciampa that was inspired by Spider-Man villain ‘Venom’. This symbolised his turn to the dark side after attacking Aleister Black in the NXT parking lot, preventing him from challenging best friend turned bitter enemy, Tommaso Ciampa.
Johnny Gargano has taken to Twitter to tease a special new attire for his NXT Takeover: New York match in just six days.
Every TakeOver there's always 1 gear inspiration I get asked about. To tell you the truth.. I've been holding off on doing it. I wanted to save it for a special occasion.#TakeOverNewYork is the biggest match of my career. For more than one reason.. it feels like the right time.
— Johnny Gargano (@JohnnyGargano) March 31, 2019
Gargano will be challenging Adam Cole in a two out of three falls match for the vacant NXT Championship in New York in what Johnny has dubbed “the biggest match of my career”. Either Cole and Gargano will hold the brand’s top title for the first time in their career and subsequently become the first triple crown NXT champion, with both holding the North American and NXT Tag Team Championships previously.
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw