While the majority of wrestling fans seem to feel former NXT Champion Johnny Gargano will sign with AEW when he returns to the ring, the man himself clearly has a few more goals within a WWE ring.
Gargano left WWE at the end of 2021 when his contract expired, and hasn’t wrestled since, largely due to wanting to look after his wife Candice LeRae and newly born son.
Speaking on the Good Karma Wrestling podcast, Gargano has admitted he still has a number of goals he wants to accomplish within WWE during his career, perhaps suggesting he may return to the company instead of joining AEW.
“I never got a chance to wrestle at WrestleMania. That was always something on my bucket list, and it still is on my bucket list … It’s a usual answer for a lot of guys my size and from my era but the Intercontinental Title, especially like the white strap Intercontinental Title that I used to love, that is always something that has been in the back of my mind, as well, that I would love to have one day.”
During his time with WWE, Gargano was a one-time NXT Champion, a three-time NXT North American Champion, and a one-time NXT Tag Team Champion. He also appeared in a Royal Rumble match in 2019.
It was reported ahead of Gargano’s departure that WWE had made him a great offer and the company was very keen on keeping him.
Credit to WrestlingInc for the transcription.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions