Johnny Gargano has commented on his WWE return, naming several opponents he wants to face on the main roster.
After finishing up with WWE in December 2021 when his contract expired, Gargano made his WWE return on the August 22 edition of Raw. He returned to the ring on the September 12 episode, against Chad Gable.
Speaking on El Brunch de WWE, Gargano named several stars he wants to share the ring with in WWE:
“So dream matches, now there’s a lot of things out there that people wanted to see for a very, very long time. Obviously there’s guys that I’ve already been in the ring with on the indies and things like that that I haven’t wrestled on a big stage.
“Guys like Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, those are two guys off the top of my head. But there’s also legends that I haven’t had a chance to mix it up with, guys like Edge, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio. There’s so much great talent out there.
“There’s so much amazing people out there and dream matches that haven’t happened yet, so the fact that we can make all those happen now is a pretty cool thing.”
Gargano’s wife Candice LeRae returned to WWE on the September 26 edition of Raw, after leaving the company in May.
Transcription via Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens