If you thought that Johnny Knoxville and Sami Zayn had settled their feud at the Royal Rumble, you were mistaken.
According to a new report from Fightful Select, the feud looks to continue on tonight’s episode of Smackdown.
Knoxville is reportedly backstage for tonight’s episode of SmackDown and has rehearsed with Zayn for the planned segment being called, ‘Sami’s Championship Celebration’ despite not being announced to appear on tonight’s show.
Last week, we reported that on Fightful’s WWE Raw review show, Sean Ross Sapp noted that he has spoken with a current WWE name who is very upset that WWE has allowed Knoxville to wrestle, as Knoxville had previously suffered a brain hemorrhage. The veteran pointed out that WWE refused to medically clear Bryan Danielson for years due to his history of head injuries.
“I had a WWE veteran in my DMs this week very upset because they didn’t let Bryan Danielson wrestle for years, and they’re letting Johnny Knoxville wrestle when he had a brain hemorrhage. I mean, livid.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
As previously reported, WWE had sent out a fan survey after the Royal Rumble, specifically asking fans if they would like to see more of Johnny Knoxville on WWE television.
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Former WWE Star Announced For Mayweather Vs. Deji Undercard
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation