It looks like all signs are pointing to a certain opponent for Jon Moxley at the AEW All Out pay-per-view in Chicago on September 5.
On last night’s Dynamite, Moxley cut a backstage promo on Hiroshi Tanahashi, who will be challenging Lance Archer for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship – which Archer beat Moxley for last week – at NJPW Resurgence on August 14.
So that appeared to be the first hint at Moxley vs Tanahashi, but it seems like it’ll be at All Out, as, on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said:
“What I do know is that fairly recently, at 4am, Jon Moxley had a discussion – I don’t know the night, I think it was the night of the taping – with Tony Khan, and he had an idea for a match which I believe is for the September 5 pay-per-view. And Tony Khan liked the idea. I knew it was a top New Japan wrestler, I didn’t know the name of who it was, but I know about the discussion.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
The Archer vs Tanahashi match will be in Los Angeles, so Tanahashi is already coming over to the United States, so it’s looking like he’ll be staying a little longer for the Moxley match.
It’s not 100% confirmed that this is the plan, but it certainly does all seem to add up.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return