UPDATE: Jon Moxley has since clarified that he didn’t suffer a concussion at Forbidden Door. More at this link.
Jon Moxley defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door last night (June 26) to become the interim AEW World Champion, and in the process became a human paintbrush thanks to the amount of blood pouring out of his head.
After the show, Moxley cut a very Jon Moxley promo, in which he welcomed the debuting Claudio Castagnoli (Cesaro) to the Blackpool Combat Club, and was sure to take a few shots at WWE and “sports entertainment”.
However, some fans are slightly concerned at a comment he made early in the promo, when he said he was “probably concussed”.
Hopefully it was just Moxley being Moxley, and there’s no actual damage, but given the amount of blood leaking from his face, fans are probably right to be concerned.
Here is the promo:
“There maybe a place for sports entertainment…. But in AEW, Professional Wrestling Rules!!” pic.twitter.com/08aagwvS9o
— Christine (@ShiningPolaris) June 27, 2022
If we get an update on Moxley’s condition, we will of course let you know as soon as possible. AEW really cannot afford more injuries to top stars, with many already out of action. You can stay up-to-date with all AEW injuries using our tracker, here.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned