UPDATE: Jon Moxley has since clarified that he didn’t suffer a concussion at Forbidden Door. More at this link.
Jon Moxley defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door last night (June 26) to become the interim AEW World Champion, and in the process became a human paintbrush thanks to the amount of blood pouring out of his head.
After the show, Moxley cut a very Jon Moxley promo, in which he welcomed the debuting Claudio Castagnoli (Cesaro) to the Blackpool Combat Club, and was sure to take a few shots at WWE and “sports entertainment”.
However, some fans are slightly concerned at a comment he made early in the promo, when he said he was “probably concussed”.
Hopefully it was just Moxley being Moxley, and there’s no actual damage, but given the amount of blood leaking from his face, fans are probably right to be concerned.
Here is the promo:
“There maybe a place for sports entertainment…. But in AEW, Professional Wrestling Rules!!” pic.twitter.com/08aagwvS9o
— Christine (@ShiningPolaris) June 27, 2022
If we get an update on Moxley’s condition, we will of course let you know as soon as possible. AEW really cannot afford more injuries to top stars, with many already out of action. You can stay up-to-date with all AEW injuries using our tracker, here.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake
- WWE Star Not Seen For Six Months Teases Feud With Gunther