Jon Moxley, formerly WWE’s Dean Ambrose, made his shocking AEW debut at their Double or Nothing show on Saturday night. The new promotion has confirmed that he signed a full-time, multi-year contract with them, and he will be used as one of their top guys when their TV show starts airing in the fall of 2019.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) May 27, 2019
AEW’s Twitter account shared a video of an intense Jon Moxley promo, the first since his WWE departure at the end of April 2019. In the promo, he says he is “finally breathing fresh air for the first time in a long time”, and says he is declaring war on “anyone standing in AEW’s way”. He also said that the “wrestling world needed a facelift” and that this was he and AEW’s mission, possibly a shot at his former employers.
This promo was shared just over half an hour before Moxley revealed that he is the mystery man who has been targetting IWGP United States Champion Juice Robinson and will be debuting for NJPW at the beginning of next month.
This was fantastic, and WWE will surely be seriously regretting misusing Jon Moxley for so many years as he is just beginning to show what he is capable of.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Former NXT Star Taylor Rust Makes AEW Debut
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Fascinating Behind-The-Scenes Footage Of Jade Cargill Including Training With Bryan Danielson & More
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing