Jon Moxley, formerly WWE’s Dean Ambrose, made his shocking AEW debut at their Double or Nothing show on Saturday night. The new promotion has confirmed that he signed a full-time, multi-year contract with them, and he will be used as one of their top guys when their TV show starts airing in the fall of 2019.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) May 27, 2019
AEW’s Twitter account shared a video of an intense Jon Moxley promo, the first since his WWE departure at the end of April 2019. In the promo, he says he is “finally breathing fresh air for the first time in a long time”, and says he is declaring war on “anyone standing in AEW’s way”. He also said that the “wrestling world needed a facelift” and that this was he and AEW’s mission, possibly a shot at his former employers.
This promo was shared just over half an hour before Moxley revealed that he is the mystery man who has been targetting IWGP United States Champion Juice Robinson and will be debuting for NJPW at the beginning of next month.
This was fantastic, and WWE will surely be seriously regretting misusing Jon Moxley for so many years as he is just beginning to show what he is capable of.
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023
- Report: Vince McMahon Used A Cane To Walk At WWE Employee Meeting