AEW star John Moxley has been announced for the next episode of NJPW Strong, ahead of his IWGP US Championship defence.
On May 12, Moxley will defend his NJPW gold on AEW Dynamite against Yuji Nagata. Despite the scheduled title match going down at Daily’s Place, Moxley is still set to return to the cerulean blue mat.
Moxley will team with Chris Dickinson to take on Nagata and Ren Narita during the main event of NJPW Strong next week. This will be the IWGP US Champion’s first NJPW sanctioned match since February.
NJPW announced the match on their website before tweeting:
An immense main event is official for #njpwSTRONG next week!
Jon Moxley returns to an NJPW ring!
Moxley and Chris Dickinson will team up against Yuji Nagata and Ren Narita!https://t.co/sna7pMbjBv#njcollision pic.twitter.com/TGNVLdQxHm
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) May 1, 2021
On the February 26 episode of NJPW Strong, Moxley defended his title against KENTA. The Bullet Club member had previously appeared on AEW Dynamite, teaming with Kenny Omega to wrestle Moxley and Lance Archer.
As of writing, NJPW competitors are scheduled to compete for both AEW and IMPACT. NJPW president Takami Ohbari has recently revealed why he is allowing contracted stars to wrestle for other promotions.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- Nature Of Mickie James Injury Revealed
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed