AEW announced today that Jon Moxley will be wrestling Sammy Guevara at AEW Bash at the Beach on January 15, 2020. Jon Moxley spurned the offer to join Chris Jericho’s Inner Circle on the January 8, 2020 edition of Dynamite.
Just signed for Next Wednesday, January 15th’s #AEW’s Bash at the Beach LIVE from Miami … @sammyguevara vs @JonMoxley … get your tickets now at https://t.co/UN1cNj1kQq or watch at 8/7c on @tntdrama pic.twitter.com/8z2Esl8zZn
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) January 10, 2020
This joins 3 matches already announced for the card for next week:
- Diamond Dallas Page, Dustin Rhodes & QT Marshall vs. MJF, The Butcher & The Blade
- Hikaru Shida & Kris Statlander vs. Awesome Kong & Mel
- PAC vs. Darby Allin
This week AEW stayed close to 1 million viewers and beat NXT by a considerable amount. The question will be if this card featuring the in-ring return of DDP, Darby vs. PAC and Moxley vs. Guevara will be enough to keep the viewers tuned in.
I expect we’ll get one more additional match for next week announced. While it hasn’t been officially announced, Cody has also promised to finally answer MJF next week on the show.
As always, WrestleTalk will provide live coverage of next week’s AEW Dynamite.
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence