ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham has revealed that he’s not currently cleared to compete after suffering an injury.
In a video shared by PROGRESS Wrestling, Gresham confirmed that he will not be able to wrestle during this the April 17-18 Atlas Weekend events.
Gresham didn’t specify the nature of his injury, but it was noted that he is expected to return to PROGRESS Wrestling next month for Chapter 134.
You can watch the video below:
Regrettably, due to injury, Jonathan Gresham is not medically cleared to make the trip to the UK this weekend. Replacements will be named shortly for both #AtlasWeekend events. Our champion WILL be back in action at Chapter 134 on Sunday May 15th. pic.twitter.com/pxGNAIs3YP
— PROGRESS Wrestling (@ThisIs_Progress) April 17, 2022
Gresham was checked for a concussion following Friday’s Battle of the Belts taping, and wasn’t immediately cleared following the evaluation, per Fightful Select. Gresham defended his ROH World Championship against Dalton Castle during the AEW special, which aired on Saturday night.
Gresham was thought to be hurt after the gut-wrench sequence near the beginning of the bout.
We wish Jonathan Gresham a safe and healthy recovery.
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo
- Tony Khan Announces Ricky The Dragon Steamboat To Appear On AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Update On Shoulder Injury
- Rey Mysterio Still Has CM Punk’s Hair From 2010 Rivalry
- Final Set For G1 Climax 32 Tournament