AEW star ‘Jungle Boy’ Jack Perry has opened up about his name change, sharing his thoughts on his ring name.
When Jack Perry first joined AEW in 2019, ‘Jungle Boy’ was just a nickname. This quickly changed however, with AEW going on to refer to Perry as Jungle Boy.
Now that the star has went back to using his real name as his ring moniker, Jack Perry has spoken with Comicbook.com about the decisions to change his ring name.
Explaining why he originally chose to use ‘Jungle Boy’ instead of his name, Perry said:
“I initially went with the whole Jungle Boy thing as a way to not be myself or more what I guess people thought I was.
“It was my way of really getting people to just watch my wrestling, which was really important to me. I wanted people to just watch me do what I did in the ring.
“I didn’t want to have to talk or have a character that other people were trying to push on me.
“It was like, I’m Jungle Boy. I don’t talk, I don’t do anything. You just got to watch what’s in the ring.
“A lot of that was to avoid my personal life in a way.”
Jack Perry is notably the son of the late actor Luke Perry.
At the November 19 Full Gear pay-per-view, Jack will face Luchasaurus in a cage match.
Check out the announced card for the upcoming pay-per-view right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- Update On Canceled TV Series Featuring CM Punk