A NXT 2.0 star has officially confirmed their new name and gave an explanation regarding the change.
On April 16, PWInsider reported that Kacy Catanzaro would have her name changed to Katana Chance after the memo sent down by Vince McMahon to change the alias of stars who were using any part of their real names.
In a digital exclusive on WWE’s YouTube channel, Catanzaro explained the name change in a promo to hype her upcoming tag team match with Kayden Carter on next week’s NXT 2.0.
The newly christened Katana Chance explained:
“Everyone knows me as Kacy Catanzaro, and that is me, but there are parts of me that people haven’t seen — except maybe Kayden — where I get to do what I want, and that’s shootin’ back straight whiskey and lettin’ loose. Kayden isn’t the only one that can party and shake a little somethin’. That is Katana Chance, and that is the energy I’ll be bringing to NXT from now on.”
It was announced in the interview that Chance will team up with Kayden Carter to face Yulisa Leon and Valentina Feroz on the April 26 episode of NXT 2.0.
For the recap of the April 19 episode, please click here.
Quotes via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return