It was reported earlier today that the contract of Kairi Sane was expiring today. The future for the Pirate Princess remains unclear but she will be appearing on Raw for at least tonight.
WWE has announced that Sane will take on the SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley. This comes one night after Bayley stole Asuka’s Raw Women’s Championship and gave it to Sasha Banks. It was controversial to say the least and Sane will undoubtedly be out for revenge. Here is the statement WWE released on WWE.com:
“One night after Bayley and Sasha Banks stole the Raw Women’s Championship from Asuka at The Horror Show at WWE Extreme Rules, the SmackDown Women’s Champion will battle Kairi Sane on Raw.
Will Kairi get payback for her tag team partner, or will Bayley continue to assert The Golden Role Models’ dominance across brands? Find out tonight on Raw!”
This also comes after it was reported the script for tonight’s show was torn up. With the tapings starting a few hours ago, it will be interesting to see what will happen with this match.
Christian’s return was also announced for the show. He had been off television since being punted by Randy Orton on June 15. Orton will be taking on Big Show in an Unsanctioned Match tonight and Seth Rollins will be facing Aleister Black.
Will you be watching WWE Raw tonight? Let us know on Twitter!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?