WWE has announced that the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship does isn fact exist again, and not only that, but they also exist so much that a tournament is going to be held to crown new tag champions.
While teams for the tournament, which starts on tonight’s episode of Raw, haven’t been announced yet, Asuka at the very least appears to have entered her name into the draw. The only question is, who will she be teaming with?
The obvious answer would be Alexa Bliss, but Asuka has tweeted a photo of herself with the caption: “I will be the tag team champion again! But where is my partner?”
This has led some to speculate WWE is planning a surprise name for Asuka’s tag partner, with one of the names mentioned being her former tag partner and former Women’s Tag Team Champion Kairi Sane.
Sane is currently signed to STARDOM in Japan, but that hasn’t stopped her responding to the tease with a GIF of the Kabuki Warriors, as you can see below.
— KAIRI /カイリ?☠️ (@KAIRI_official) August 8, 2022
It almost certainly won’t be Sane, but there’s a whole roster of others it could be.
Or maybe it’ll just be Alexa Bliss. Who knows?
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- Update On Plans For Potential Roman Reigns & CM Punk WWE Feud
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick
- Top WWE Star Teases First Ever Match With CM Punk