Another major NJPW star who is not booked on tonight’s Forbidden Door show is in Chicago today.
Hiroshi Tanahashi arrived in Chicago today, as he is set to challenge Jon Moxley for the interim AEW World Championship in the main event of the show, but he didn’t come alone.
Tanahashi shared a video of himself arriving in Chicago, alongside fellow former IWGP Champion Katsuyori Shibata.
Shibata made a miraculous return from his career ending injury late last year, wrestling his first match since 2017 at this year’s Wrestle Kingdom.
Shibata isn’t the only unannounced NJPW star in town for the show tonight, as Toru Yano also revealed that he is currently in Chicago.
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Vince McMahon Displayed ‘Super Racist’ ‘Cultural Ignorance’ That Dictated Storylines
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- Sasha Banks And Naomi Appear Together At She-Hulk Premiere