NJPW star Kazuchika Okada has revealed that he wanted to meet AEW’s Bryan Danielson at the June 26 Forbidden Door event.
At the AEW x NJPW crossover event, Okada competed in a fourway bout for Jay White’s IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.
Bryan Danielson wasn’t cleared for action, but revealed that a debuting Claudio Castagnoli would be facing Zack Sabre Jr at the event.
In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Okada noted that he doesn’t mind how he meets Danielson, whether it’s for a conversation or a match:
“I was hoping to meet Bryan Danielson at Forbidden Door, but unfortunately that couldn’t happen. Since we couldn’t talk backstage, I’m happy to meet him in the ring next time.”
Danielson isn’t the only AEW star who has recently impressed Okada. Noting that FTR surprised him with their bout against Aussie Open at Royal Quest II, Okada said:
“There’s plenty of great wrestlers over in AEW, and I’d love to be a part of any match that has the fans excited. I saw how good of a team FTR were in London, so even a tag match might be interesting.”
After winning this year’s G1 Climax tournament, Okada will challenge for Jay White’s IWGP World Heavyweight Title in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 17 on January 4, 2023.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring