Following NJPW Power Struggle, Kazuchika Okada called out former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Matthews (fka Buddy Murphy) for Battle in the Valley.
While giving backstage comments, Okada told Matthews to prepare for the November 13 show, noting (via NJPW):
‘Next, I’ll be heading to the USA for a little bit. I’ll be leaving the fans here for a little while. The plan is to fire up the ring in America, so next stop: San Jose. Hey Buddy Matthews! I’ll see you in San Jose- bring it on, bastard.’
'Hey Buddy Matthews! See you in San Jose'
BREAKING: Kazuchika Okada officially challenges @SNM_Buddy for Battle in the Valley:https://t.co/xlqJoG9qsH#njpst #njValley pic.twitter.com/5gsa090UmE
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) November 6, 2021
This comes after Matthews caught the attention of the former IWGP Heavyweight Champion on social media, after they were both announced for the US special.
At the November 6 Power Struggle event, Okada defeated Tama Tonga to retain his #1 contendership for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. You can read about all the title changes from the show here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- Big Former WWE Name Backstage At ROH Supercard Of Honor
- Changes To Big WrestleMania 39 Weekend Match