NJPW’s Kazuchika Okada has reacted to a former WWE star Buddy Matthews (fka Buddy Murphy) calling him out over social media.
It was recently announced that Buddy Matthews will make his NJPW debut during next month’s Battle in the Valley event. Shortly after, it was revealed that The Rainmaker will be in action on the November 13 show, wrestling in the US for the first time since 2019.
Wanting to ‘break the internet’, Matthews took to Twitter to propose a showdown against The Rainmaker, tweeting:
“Let’s break the Internet! Give me the @rainmakerXokada – Let there be Rain!”
Okada has since replied to Matthews’ pitch with one emoji:
— オカダ・カズチカ (@rainmakerXokada) October 26, 2021
Okada won the 2021 G1 Climax tournament, defeating Kota Ibushi in the finals via injury stoppage on October 21. The Rainmaker recently brought back the old IWGP Heavyweight Title design at a Road To Power Struggle show.
NJPW has now provided an update on Ibushi’s injury, revealing how long he is expected to be out of action for.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines