Kazuchika Okada and Jay White have been announced for a trios bout ahead of their NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 showdown.
In August, Kazuchika Okada defeated Will Ospreay to win the G1 Climax 32 tournament. With his win, “The Rainmaker” earned himself a shot at the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 17.
After his successful defense against Tama Tonga, it was made official that “Switchblade” Jay White will defend the title against Okada on January 4.
Before the huge Tokyo Dome event, the NJPW World Tag League and Super Junior Tag League Finals will take place on December 14.
On November 26, New Japan Pro Wrestling announced that Okada will team with Tama Tonga and Master Wato to face Bullet Club’s White, Taiji Ishimori and Gedo on the World Tag League Finals event.
White defeated Okada to win the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship at Dominion 2022 in June, so Wrestle Kingdom 17 will mark the rematch of that encounter.
The current lineup for the show is as follows:
World Tag League 2022 finals: TBD vs. TBD
Super Junior Tag League 2022 finals: TBD vs. TBD
NEVER Openweight Championship: Karl Anderson (c) vs. Hikuleo
Kazuchika Okada, Tama Tonga & Master Wato vs. Jay White, Taiji Ishimori & Gedo
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Report: WWE/Saudi Arabia Relationship ‘Absolutely A Factor’ In Sami Zayn Plans
- VIDEO: AEW Entrance Theme Plays At Royal Rumble Event
- Spoiler For Entrant #1 In Royal Rumble Match Revealed?
- Spoiler On Former Champion Planned For Tonight’s Royal Rumble
- Surprising Planned WWE Royal Rumble Match Order Revealed
- Top WWE Star Calls CM Punk ‘A Cancer’, Tells Him ‘Go Do Something Else’
- Spoiler On NXT Star Brought In For WWE Royal Rumble
- Former NXT Star Makes AEW Debut Amid WWE Return Rumours
- Cody Rhodes Wins WWE Royal Rumble 2023
- Former WWE Star In San Antonio Ahead Of Royal Rumble