The Wrestling Observer star rating for the Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match from the second night of Wrestle Kingdom 16 has been revealed.
In the main event of the January 5 show, The Rainmaker proved himself the undisputed champion, defeating Will Ospreay to retain the gold he won the night prior.
In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer awarded the match an impressive 5.75 star rating.
This is Okada’s highest star rating since his Wrestle Kingdom 14 match against Kota Ibushi in 2020, which also was awarded 5.75 stars. Ospreay last broke the Wrestling Observer star rating system in May 2021, with his 6 star bout against Shingo Takagi.
Here are the star ratings from the first two nights of Wrestle Kingdom 16:
- YOH vs SHO – 3 stars
- Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Rocky Romero vs KENTA, Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo – 2.25 stars
- Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, & Bushi vs Will Ospreay, Great-O-Khan, & Jeff Cobb – 3 stars
- Katsuyori Shibata vs Ren Narita – 3.5 stars
- Tomohiro Ishii vs EVIL – 1 star
- Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. vs Hirooki Goto & Yoshi-Hashi – 4.25 stars
- El Desperado vs. Hiromu Takahashi – 4.25 stars
- Shingo Takagi vs. Kazuchika Okada – 4.75 stars
- Robbie Eagles & Tiger Mask vs Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo vs. Ryusuke Taguchi & Rocky Romero – 4 stars
Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid vs. Tam Nakano & Saya Kamitani – 4 stars
Evil, Yujiro Takahashi & SHO vs. Hirooki Goto, Yoshi-Hashi & YOH – 2.5 stars
SANADA vs Great-O-Khan – 3.25 stars
Tetsuya Naito vs. Jeff Cobb – 3.75 stars
KENTA vs Hiroshi Tanahashi – 4 stars
Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay – 5.75 stars