The status of Kenny Omega for this coming Sunday’s AEW Double Or Nothing 2022 pay-per-view in Las Vegas has been revealed.
Omega has been out of action since losing the AEW World Championship to Hangman Page at Full Gear last November to deal with a multitude of injury issues, but he recently returned to attending shows backstage.
It seemed like his backstage return was a positive sign that he could be on the mend, but according to the latest update, we shouldn’t get too excited just yet.
Dave Meltzer reports in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that “in hindsight the travel was too early for the healing needed for his injuries”.
It was added that, as a result of this, Omega will NOT be at Double Or Nothing this weekend.
Meltzer also wrote:
Omega did say that the parts of his body that are healthy he is able to train well and is pushing himself harder every week. Other parts the healing is slow. He said he’s resigned to the fact that physically he will never be 100 percent, but he is looking at reversing some of the physical damage and being able to return and this time off and fixing up his different injuries would extend his time as an effective pro wrestler
We continue to wish Kenny Omega a safe and healthy recovery from his injury issues.
You can keep track of all current AEW injuries at this link.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed