One of the most talked-about dream matches in wrestling right now is another battle between Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi.
The Golden Lovers have been in an on-again-off-again storyline for over a decade with their last match coming in 2018. Now, with AEW and New Japan Pro Wrestling working together, fans are clamoring to see the match again.
In a recent interview with Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT, Omega discussed the possibility of another match with his former partner. Here is the quote:
“I don’t want to say that these things are not going to happen or will happen. But, I will say one of the major obstacles and hurdles is that all companies involved have travel schedules and the major, major hurdle on the one side if things were to happen over in Japan, is the mandatory two-week quarantine where you can’t do anything.
When an athlete comes here, we’re a little bit more lenient in America as you’ve probably seen on the news feed [laughs].
But when they go back to their home country, there is still that mandatory quarantine, there’s no way around it. That just becomes a nuisance and a hassle for someone who has a touring schedule like New Japan.”
Had Kenny Omega stayed with New Japan in 2019, the plan was to build to a match with Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom 14 in 2020.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE Name Demands An Apology From The Rock