The future of Kenny Omega remains uncertain following his IWGP title loss to Hiroshi Tanahashi in their epic Wrestle Kingdom 13 clash.
New Japan wants to keep Omega but AEW obviously wants him as well and most feel he will join up with his Elite friends in the new promotion.
As expected, WWE has now come to the negotiating table and is desperately trying to secure Omega’s signature, which would strengthen their own hand while also significantly weakening its rivals.
According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Omega has been given a “fantastic offer” by WWE.
There are no specifics about how much the deal is worth but it is thought to be seven figures, as WWE’s rejected offers to Cody and the Young Bucks were at the end of 2018.
It is also likely that Omega – who prides himself on being able to creatively express himself in his matches – was offered certain reassurances and perks as part of the deal.
Omega is under contract with New Japan until the end of January (and thus will not be at Tuesday’s Double Or Nothing rally) so he only has a few weeks left to make his decision.
Where would you like to see Kenny Omega end up? Let us know in the comments below.
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- Becky Lynch Shares Update On Shoulder Injury
- Rey Mysterio Still Has CM Punk’s Hair From 2010 Rivalry
- Final Set For G1 Climax 32 Tournament
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Another Debut Announced For Next Week’s NXT 2.0
- Becky Lynch On How Much Creative Freedom She Has With WWE Promos