Former AEW World Champion Kenny Omega made his return to AEW on last night’s episode of AEW Dynamite after nine months on the shelf, when he was revealed as the Young Bucks’ mystery partner in the AEW Trios Championship tournament.
Omega and the Bucks defeated Andrade El Idolo, Rush and Dragon Lee in the main event of the show.
The story of the match was that Omega was a step or two behind where he was before he left, with him making several mistakes before ultimately pinning Dragon Lee with the One Winged Angel.
Taking to Twitter after the show, Omega provided an update on his injury status, noting that the ‘pieces aren’t all there yet’, but he will surpass where he was at before.
The pieces aren’t all there yet but I refuse to burden the Bucks with my limitations. We have a real chance at this. I’ll be even stronger in round 2. I’ll surpass where I was at. I’ll surpass everyone.
Kenny took to the microphone after last night’s show, addressing the crowd’s appreciation for him after 9 months away.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- Juice Robinson Makes AEW In-Ring Debut
- Chris Jericho Vows To ‘Desecrate’ The Legacy Of Ring Of Honor