Former AEW World Champion Kenny Omega made his return to AEW on last night’s episode of AEW Dynamite after nine months on the shelf, when he was revealed as the Young Bucks’ mystery partner in the AEW Trios Championship tournament.
Omega and the Bucks defeated Andrade El Idolo, Rush and Dragon Lee in the main event of the show.
The story of the match was that Omega was a step or two behind where he was before he left, with him making several mistakes before ultimately pinning Dragon Lee with the One Winged Angel.
Taking to Twitter after the show, Omega provided an update on his injury status, noting that the ‘pieces aren’t all there yet’, but he will surpass where he was at before.
The pieces aren’t all there yet but I refuse to burden the Bucks with my limitations. We have a real chance at this. I’ll be even stronger in round 2. I’ll surpass where I was at. I’ll surpass everyone.
Kenny took to the microphone after last night’s show, addressing the crowd’s appreciation for him after 9 months away.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star Responds To Claim They Were Punished For Social Media Conduct
- WWE Star Lexis King Reacts To Fans Calling Themselves ‘Lex Offenders’
- WWE Star Going ‘Back To The Drawing Board’
- CM Punk To Make Big WWE Announcement
- TNA Wrestling Departure Confirmed
- Dominik Mysterio Blacks Out Social Media Following Title Loss