Following Don Callis’ comments, Kenny Omega has been invited to GCW Homecoming to face Nick Gage next weekend.
At IMPACT Slammiversary, Omega retained his IMPACT World Championship following a brutal no disqualifications match against Sami Callihan. On the show, Don Callis argued that Omega is tougher than GCW World Champion Nick Gage.
GCW took to Twitter to suggest Omega puts his money where Callis’ mouth is. Inviting Omega to compete at GCW Homecoming on July 25, GCW tweeted:
“Omega ‘tougher’ than Gage? @TheDonCallis what are you smoking pal? You and Kenny are welcome to come and prove it but you have to get in line & the line starts this Saturday at #GCWHomecoming Weekend in AC… Saturday: GAGE vs CARDONA Sunday: GAGE vs OMEGA??? See ya there???”
Gage defends the GCW World Championship against Matt Cardona on Saturday, July 24. At Slammiversary, Cardona teamed with a returning Chelsea Green to do battle with Brian Myers and Tenille Dashwood.
Omega currently holds the AEW World, IMPACT World and AAA Mega Championships. After Omega retained his IMPACT gold, NJPW NEVER Openweight Champion Jay White made a surprise appearance to confront the former Bullet Club leader.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Paul London Says He Was ‘Shut Down Immediately’ When Reaching Out About AEW Role
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him