Former AEW World Champion Kenny Omega made his return to New Japan Pro Wrestling at this week’s Wrestle Kingdom 17 show in the Tokyo Dome.
On the show, Omega won the highly anticipated bout between himself and Will Ospreay to capture the IWGP United States Championship for the second time.
Omega was a part of many memorable moments in Japan, including his ‘Golden Lovers’ tag team alongside Kota Ibushi.
Ibushi has not wrestled for NJPW since the G1 Climax final in 2021, where he lost to Kazuchika Okada by referee stoppage after suffering an injury to his shoulder.
The injury, alongside various issues with NJPW management, have led to many speculating that Ibushi is set to leave the company when his contract expires.
Naturally, his close relationship with Omega has led many to speculate AEW as a potential landing spot for the Golden Star.
Taking to Twitter, Ibushi shared a reunion photo that he took with Omega during his time in Japan for Wrestle Kingdom 17.
やはり話が尽きないね。また会いましょう。Bye bye✋ pic.twitter.com/UnbG5Y1Z1m
— 飯伏 幸太 (@ibushi_kota) January 7, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw