AEW World Champion Kenny Omega has commented on rumors that Triple H served as the inspiration for his current look.
On the most recent episode of AEW Dynamite, Omega showed off a different beard during his promo segment. Many fans speculated that his sideburns paid homage to a previous Triple H look.
Omega has revealed that this was not the case, stating that his new facial hair was a tribute to Harley Race. When a user pointed out the resemblance between Omega and Race on Twitter, Omega replied:
“Ding ding ding! Tbh, HHH never crossed my mind. Totally forgot about that phase in his career.”
Omega briefly trained under Race early in his career, competing for Harley Race’s Training Academy in 2005.
The current AEW World, AAA Mega and IMPACT World Champion, Omega is one of the most decorated stars wrestling today. He will defend the IMPACT World Title against Sami Callihan at Slammiversary on July 17.
Andrade El Idolo will challenge for Omega’s AAA gold at TripleMania in August. Andrade is set to make his in-ring debut for AEW at Road Rager on Wednesday.
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- Update On Plans For Potential Roman Reigns & CM Punk WWE Feud
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick
- EXCLUSIVE – Claudio Castagnoli Addresses CM Punk Joining WWE, Adam Copeland Joining AEW & More