AEW World Champion Kenny Omega has commented on rumors that Triple H served as the inspiration for his current look.
On the most recent episode of AEW Dynamite, Omega showed off a different beard during his promo segment. Many fans speculated that his sideburns paid homage to a previous Triple H look.
Omega has revealed that this was not the case, stating that his new facial hair was a tribute to Harley Race. When a user pointed out the resemblance between Omega and Race on Twitter, Omega replied:
“Ding ding ding! Tbh, HHH never crossed my mind. Totally forgot about that phase in his career.”
Omega briefly trained under Race early in his career, competing for Harley Race’s Training Academy in 2005.
The current AEW World, AAA Mega and IMPACT World Champion, Omega is one of the most decorated stars wrestling today. He will defend the IMPACT World Title against Sami Callihan at Slammiversary on July 17.
Andrade El Idolo will challenge for Omega’s AAA gold at TripleMania in August. Andrade is set to make his in-ring debut for AEW at Road Rager on Wednesday.
- WWE Women’s Star Slaps Braun Strowman (Video)
- AEW Files Trademark On Interesting New Term
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Wrestling World Unites For Heartwarming Tribute
- Major Championship Matches Official For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Sami Zayn Reveals How Far Back Bloodline Story Was Pitched
- Backstage Details On Scrapped Plans For WWE Star In-Ring Return
- ‘Bidding War’ For WWE Show Delaying Next Episode
- New Segment Announced For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)