AEW World Champion Hangman Page was in action on last night’s episode (May 18) of AEW Dynamite, when he took on DDT standout Konosuke Takeshita.
Takeshita has wrestled several times for AEW, most recently on AEW Rampage against Jay Lethal, but this was his first time on Dynamite, and the first time a lot of fans saw him.
Kenny Omega, who has been a long time fan of Takeshita, took to Twitter after the show to praise Takeshita and DDT for ‘showing up’ other promotions in the Forbidden Door.
All this talk about the Forbidden Door and @Takesoup slides in through the mail slot and shows you all up. I can’t help but smile from home knowing that @ddtpro still owns your asses.
AEW and New Japan Pro Wrestling are set to host their Forbidden Door event together on June 26 in the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.
Kenny Omega currently has no timetable on his return to the ring, though he has been backstage at recent AEW shows.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed