AEW World Champion Hangman Page was in action on last night’s episode (May 18) of AEW Dynamite, when he took on DDT standout Konosuke Takeshita.
Takeshita has wrestled several times for AEW, most recently on AEW Rampage against Jay Lethal, but this was his first time on Dynamite, and the first time a lot of fans saw him.
Kenny Omega, who has been a long time fan of Takeshita, took to Twitter after the show to praise Takeshita and DDT for ‘showing up’ other promotions in the Forbidden Door.
All this talk about the Forbidden Door and @Takesoup slides in through the mail slot and shows you all up. I can’t help but smile from home knowing that @ddtpro still owns your asses.
AEW and New Japan Pro Wrestling are set to host their Forbidden Door event together on June 26 in the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.
Kenny Omega currently has no timetable on his return to the ring, though he has been backstage at recent AEW shows.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Raw Star Who ‘Never Wins’ Addresses WWE Booking