Konnan has revealed that there were originally plans for Kenny Omega to wrestle in the main event of the October 15 TripleMania XXX: Mexico City show.
Next month’s event will be the third and final TripleMania XXX show of the year. On Konnan’s ‘Keeping It 100′ podcast‘, the wrestling veteran confirmed that Omega cannot wrestle for the company due to his AEW suspension, noting:
“Omega was gonna headline Triplemania and (AEW) won’t let him go.”
Konnan noted that both AEW Head of Talent Relations Christopher Daniels, and Omega himself, informed AAA that he would not be able to make the show.
Omega was one of several stars suspended following his alleged involvement in a backstage altercation following CM Punk’s verbal tirade during the All Out media scrum. Omega has been spotted in Japan while serving his suspension.
AAA has worked with AEW since the latter promotion’s inception in 2019. Kenny Omega held the AAA Mega Championship for 765 days, before the title was vacated in November 2021, before Omega took time off to undergo multiple surgeries.
FTR also currently hold the AAA Tag Team Championship, in addition to the ROH and IWGP (NJPW) tag titles.
Stay up to date with AEW title changes for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- Latest On Plans For Christmas Day Edition Of WWE Raw
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- Update On Top AEW Name’s Contract Talks With Tony Khan
- AEW’s Bryan Danielson Unsure If He’ll Complete Big Career Goal