Twitter isn’t a very nice place at the best of times, but this past week it was even more unpleasant, with a lot of unpleasantness being aimed at former AEW Champion Kenny Omega.
Perhaps as a result of this negativity, Omega fired an insult at Jim Cornette, who it’s fair to say has had his fair share of opinions about Omega and AEW in the past.
Omega made a joke about Cornette’s breathing during podcasts, to which Cornette fired back with insults of his own.
Instead of continuing the war of words however, Omega has now apologised for his words, and also revealed he, like many others, has been dealing with the effects of COVID-19 in recent weeks.
Shouldn’t have brought up any breathing issue. I, as well as many friends/acquaintances in other sports, are suffering due to Covid after effects. Not sure if you’ll accept, but I do apologize. https://t.co/V5hmDXPzig
— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) January 11, 2022
Omega is currently taking time away from the ring to work on a number of injuries he has sustained in the past year, and there is no sign he is planning to return any time soon.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?