Did you forget that Kenny Omega was a belt collector? Because he hasn’t forgotten.
It was announced tonight on IMPACT that Omega would be challenging for the IMPACT World Championship at Rebellion. However, IMPACT has plans for their biggest championship first.
It was also announced that IMPACT World Champion Rich Swann and TNA World Heavyweight Champion Moose will unify their titles this Saturday at Sacrifice. The winner of that match will face Omega for both the IMPACT World title and AEW World title.
.@ScottDAmore has announced that @GottaGetSwann and @TheMooseNation will UNIFY the IMPACT World and TNA World Heavyweight Championships SATURDAY at #Sacrifice!
The winner will then face @AEW World Champion @KennyOmegamanX in a TITLE VS TITLE match at Rebellion on April 24th! pic.twitter.com/7mFxoIDAdq
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) March 10, 2021
When Kenny Omega arrived in IMPACT Wrestling last year, he deemed himself a belt collector and teased going after the IMPACT World Championship. He won his IMPACT debut match at Hard to Kill but has been focused on his AEW obligations since.
Omega already holds the AEW World Championship and the AAA Mega Championship. It remains to be seen how many championships Omega has his sights set on.
IMPACT Sacrifice will take place this Saturday while IMPACT Rebellion will take place on April 24.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?