Kenny Omega has once again reached the summit of the PWI 500, coming in at number one for the second time in his decorated pro-wrestling career.
Last year’s list was topped by former AEW Champion Jon Moxley, with Omega finished down in 13th place, but the current AEW Champion has emulated his feat from 2018 by coming top in this year’s list.
Criteria which the list uses for its rankings include win/loss records, in-ring ability, influence on pro-wrestling, success against top opponents, success against the largest variety of opponents, and activity.
Here is the announcement.
— PWI (Pro Wrestling Illustrated) (@OfficialPWI) September 8, 2021
Some fans are already questioning the decision, as many expected Roman Reigns to hit the number one spot this year.
During the evaluation period, which was between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, Omega held the AEW Tag Team Championship, and won both the AEW and IMPACT Championship belts.
You can order the PWI 500 magazine here.
- WWE Women’s Star Slaps Braun Strowman (Video)
- AEW Files Trademark On Interesting New Term
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Wrestling World Unites For Heartwarming Tribute
- Major Championship Matches Official For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Sami Zayn Reveals How Far Back Bloodline Story Was Pitched
- Backstage Details On Scrapped Plans For WWE Star In-Ring Return
- ‘Bidding War’ For WWE Show Delaying Next Episode
- New Segment Announced For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)