Kenny Omega has once again reached the summit of the PWI 500, coming in at number one for the second time in his decorated pro-wrestling career.
Last year’s list was topped by former AEW Champion Jon Moxley, with Omega finished down in 13th place, but the current AEW Champion has emulated his feat from 2018 by coming top in this year’s list.
Criteria which the list uses for its rankings include win/loss records, in-ring ability, influence on pro-wrestling, success against top opponents, success against the largest variety of opponents, and activity.
Here is the announcement.
— PWI (Pro Wrestling Illustrated) (@OfficialPWI) September 8, 2021
Some fans are already questioning the decision, as many expected Roman Reigns to hit the number one spot this year.
During the evaluation period, which was between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021, Omega held the AEW Tag Team Championship, and won both the AEW and IMPACT Championship belts.
You can order the PWI 500 magazine here.
- New AEW Signing Confirmed
- Ole Anderson Passes Away
- The Rock Breaks Heel WWE Character To Send Message To Triple H
- Injury Concern For Top WWE Star After Elimination Chamber?
- Jack Perry’s First Match Since CM Punk Incident At AEW All In 2023 Confirmed
- Rumoured WWE Signing Officially Set To Become Free Agent
- Former WWE Champion Out With Injury
- CM Punk Reacts To Not Being Included In WWE 2K24
- Randy Orton Has Brutally Honest Reaction To Man Using RKO In Public
- Becky Lynch Comments On Vince McMahon WWE Allegations