AEW star Kenny Omega doesn’t believe Bryan Danielson’s Forbidden Door opponent will disappoint.
On Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite, Danielson confirmed that he hasn’t been cleared to compete at this weekend’s pay-per-view, or in next week’s Blood & Guts match.
Danielson then stated that a new member of the Blackpool Combat Club will be revealed at Forbidden Door, and will replace him in his planned pay-per-view bout against Zack Sabre Jr, and in the upcoming Blood & Guts bout.
Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Kenny Omega killed rumors that the ‘replacement’ will be him making a surprise AEW return. Stating that the talent in question was genuinely scouted by Danielson, Omega said:
“I can safely say there is zero chance it will be me, but the replacement is going to leave people very happy. I can’t see people being disappointed by this legitimately handpicked replacement by Bryan Danielson.”
Many fans have speculated that the replacement could be Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli), who Danielson had reportedly went to bat for on numerous occasions backstage in WWE. An update on Claudio’s in-ring training has emerged ahead of Forbidden Door, which you can read more about right here.
Claudio is far from the only name who could fit the criteria for Danielson’s handpicked talent. Here are seven possible names who could replace Danielson.
Check out the updated card for AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door at this link.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- Does Vince McMahon Want To Leave WWE Revealed
- Another AEW Star Seemingly Preparing To Join WWE
- Did Adam Copeland Beat Christian Cage For The AEW TNT Championship
- Bryan Danielson Names Who He’d Add To AEW’s Blackpool Combat Club