Last week, AEW World Champion Kenny Omega was ranked at #1 in the annual PWI 500 list by Pro Wrestling Illustrated, which caused quite a debate.
One person who seemed to disagree was Will Ospreay, which led to the two men exchanging words on Twitter. This led to speculation that the two men were taking shots in character, setting up a future match between the two.
Per Dave Meltzer in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there currently is no plan for an Ospreay vs Omega match from either AEW or NJPW, though both men are said to actively want the match.
Ospreay will be in the United States for NJPW Strong tapings, which would seem to be the best possible time for a match between the two.
Obviously with wrestling’s ‘Forbidden Door’ kicked wide open, the possibility for this match happening is quite likely.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023