According to a new report from Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, former AEW Champion Kenny Omega worked his match against Hangman Page at Full Gear with a shoulder injury.
Meltzer noted that Omega was working out with a lot less weight than usual ahead of the match. He said:
“I don’t know if he has no strength. but he can’t lift heavy weights with them — I don’t even know if he can lift with them. The last time we were talking about it, he said he was able to lift the bar. So it’s 45 pounds. He’s told me, ‘I can work a match without my shoulders.’”
To translate what Dave is saying, Kenny told him that he has injured shoulders, but that he felt he could work a good match without using them too much.
It isn’t clear whether this injury had any impact on the result of the match, but from everything Tony Khan has said since Hangman won the belt, it’s safe to assume Kenny Omega was going to drop the belt regardless of any injuries.
We’ll have to see if the injury affects Kenny’s booking going forward.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Appear On WWE Programming The Night Before WrestleMania?
- Major WWE Name Denies Having Issues With CM Punk