IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega has said on the latest episode of Being the Elite that he may be wrestling with a fractured heel.
Omega is believed to have been injured during his match with Cody at the G1 Special in San Fransisco on July 7. Omega has been seen walking around on his toes backstage recently, leading people to believe that he is dealing with an injury of some sort.
Omega has received 5-star ratings in his first two matches in this year’s G1 Climax. His first was a rematch of last year’s tournament finals where he faced Tetsuya Naito. Omega managed to win the match and Dave Meltzer has called it one of the best matches in G1 Climax history.
Omega followed that performance up with another 5-star match with Hirooki Goto where he again came out victorious. Despite his injury, Omega has performed better than anybody in this year’s tournament where he is currently the only undefeated participant.
We will keep you updated as more details emerge.
What has been your favorite Kenny Omega match of the G1 Climax so far? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here!
- Being The Elite
- Tetsuya Naito
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship
- new japan pro wrestling
- njpw news
- Bullet Club
- 5 star match
- dave meltzer
- G1 Climax
- Hirooki Goto
- New Japan
- Kenny Omega
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Gameplay Clips Show Off Fun Features