With Forbidden Door II just two weeks away, one of the events potential marquee match-ups remains very much hanging in the balance.
The match in question is of course the dream pairing decades in the making between NJPW’s KENTA and the returning former two-time AEW World Champion CM Punk.
While Punk has yet to comment on the potential of any match at June 25’s event, his supposed opponent KENTA has been extremely vocal on the idea.
After seeming rather laid back about the idea earlier in the week and then later giving his blessing for Punk to instead face Testuya Naito, KENTA has once again re-appeared to once again ask AEW and NJPW to give him ‘the bag’ to face Punk in two weeks.
Posting to Twitter KENTA said:
Yes. I’m scared that they gonna make this happen without any bag
So clearly, quite simply if the money is there then KENTA will be also, seems as if the chances of the battle of the Go To Sleep users hinge on Punk and the AEW and NJPW decision makers.
As of right now the only two confirmed matches to take place at the Scotiabank Arena on June 25 are Kazuchika Okada vs Bryan Danielson and the IWGP United States Heavyweight Title match between Kenny Omega and Will Ospreay.
Despite this, there has been a major update on the potential women’s division match-ups on the card with a major promotion potentially set to be spotlighted, to find out more follow this link here.
— KENTA aka Lil’K (@KENTAG2S) June 10, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- WWE Talent Gets New Ring Name